Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The vanity in our culture(social engineering rant)

You know you see those ads on TV for acne and other skin conditions and people who freak out over having a pimple on their face and its the end of the world.

I was never one of those people, I hardly got zits but when I did I didn't give a shit because it didn't matter to me at all and it never prevented me from doing the things I enjoy like going to concerts, going to dinner with my family and etc. I just find it appalling that we are being told pimples are evil and make people look like monsters when in reality it just about money and selling our young people on this nonsense.. other examples of the vanity in our society below:

The video above is from Fall of the Republic a film by Alex Jones of Infowars and Prison Planet showing how the media brainwashes the masses through Madison Ave., Sports and etc..


It is really no wonder we see young girls try and starve themselves because they are being taught that the way they look is unacceptable. According to the South Carolina Department of Health(http://www.state.sc.us/dm/anorexia/statistics.htm it is estimated at least 8 million Americans suffer from eating disorders and the majority are females and 10-15 percent of bulimia and anorexia sufferers are males(sorry couldn't find any for Canada for some strange reason but you get the idea)

Mike Adams wrote an interesting  article(actually this post was partly inspired by it) entitled Why You don't want Ripped Abs to survive the Economic Collapse(http://www.prisonplanet.com/health-alert-why-you-dont-want-ripped-abs-if-you-hope-to-survive-the-coming-economic-collapse.html, ) 
writes about body building:

"AS you consider all of this remember people who have "ripped abs" are really sporting a temporary fiction. Body Builders, for example, are in terrible overall health. They spend months over-feeding themselves, gorging on calories to build muscle, then they spend a month or two "cutting" calories through planned starvation so that they shed all their body fat by competition day"......

["A day or two before competition day, they then force themselves through a grueling dehydration regimen, to the point where they're about to pass out during the competition itself....]

he also talks about how "comedic that men are running around the gym, trying to build up their biceps and shed body fat. Neither are useful in a collapse scenario. They are purely a cosmetic reflection of today's cultural fashions" which Adams is completely bang on about and saying how carrying 15-20 percent body fat in a economic collapse(doing  this of course through healthy foods and healthy fats and regular exercise) for men and 20-28% for women is ideal for this type of situation also he mentions even for hundreds of years being a little bit chubby or plump in this case was considered ideal over being lean.

IT shows the vanity in our society that if someone is a little chubby they are automatically considered unattractive for example Jessica Simpson, every one trashed her when she was pregnant over her weight gain and even after she gave birth to her daughter they still went after her. Now I am no fan of hers but I certainly felt kinda bad for her in a way because everyone was pressuring her and trashing her appearance for no good reason.

But looking like toothpick is okay.. to me it sends the wrong the message to not only girls but the general population as well..

Hell I can tell you I don't look like those toothpicks in Hollywood, I know myself I would rather be healthy than look like I am going to blow away in the wind. Wouldn't kill them to eat a burger once in awhile too. I can remember when I was getting confirmed(I am catholic) they were serving lunch and the young girls I saw barley ate their lunch because christ forbid they had some meat on their bones.

So lesson here is Don't let the media tell you how you should look. Eating Healthy, getting regular exercise and having a positive outlook is one of the ways to live a good quality of life and if you happen to have some meat on your stomach or other parts of your body, that is okay.